Wednesday, July 26, 2017

What I do to be kind to myself.


I have berated myself too often.  I am not skinny, smart, talented, or rich enough.  I am not accomplishing enough.  I always felt I had to be using time to create something.  I never let myself rest.  Sometimes, I still feel this way… I am a bit of a workaholic. 

So how am I kind to me?

I spend a lot of money on yoga classes.  I have let go (mostly) of the ego drive to be the best and to accomplish the pose.  After all, I am in class with 20, 30, and 40 year olds.  I really can’t compete –it would be fruitless and I would end up with injuries… and yet,  I think,  I  can’t do it yet.. but maybe.  while I enjoy the challenge of being flexible and strong, I go slower.  My favorite pose is savasana – getting my corpse on… practice for the ultimate rest.
           
Speaking of rest.  Now  I sleep at least 7.5 hours… a lot of times it is 9. On top of that, I am turning into my grandmother; I take naps—whenever I want.
            
All creativity comes out of the void and the space we give ourselves.  When I catch myself falling back –berating myself I remember everything is transitory anyway..

Even ol Tut was robbed and now parts of his stash move around the globe… 

©
July 26, 2017

Followers